Though it might not be the first food to come to mind, you easily can learn ways to eat nuts for breakfast that will keep you satisfied all morning long. Satisfying foods like eggs, yogurt, fresh fruit, and oatmeal are classic breakfast staples. But why not add healthy fats via fiber-filled nuts to your breakfast routine? There are several simple and more complex ways to eat nuts for breakfast. Get creative with your favorite yogurt and granola bowl, slice of toast, or hearty oatmeal. For a quick breakfast, enjoy your go-to afternoon snack of nuts, cheese, and dried meat instead. Superior Nut Company knows it's never too early to start eating nuts at any time of the day.
Nuts for Breakfast Heading
Go nuts for breakfast! Although incredibly convenient for snacking, nuts don’t have to be limited to such. It’s good to have nuts for breakfast because it's often quick and always filling. Nuts are full of necessary healthy fats, fiber, and additional nutrients to get you going first thing in the morning. Many people already enjoy nuts in their breakfast with granola, yogurt, or oatmeal, but there’s even more potential to eat nuts for breakfast, like in smoothies or even omelets!
Nuts are incorporated into sweet and savory breakfast foods in cultures around the world. Variations of yogurt, nuts, and fruit are common in many countries. Same goes for omelettes, which are stuffed with walnuts and pine nuts in some cultures. Nuts go great in baked goods, too. Any of these can be a solid start to a healthy breakfast loaded with necessary nutrients.
How to Have Healthy Breakfast
Many argue that a healthy breakfast is the most important meal of the day. A complete breakfast fuels your body and brain, filling you up and keeping you full for a solid start to the day. Whole, unprocessed foods from most food groups should be the base of your healthy breakfast.
- Load up on fresh fruits and vegetables loaded with vitamins and minerals
- Eat lots of protein, healthy fats, and fiber, which keep you full— Yes, this means nuts!
- Limit sugar and processed foods, which tend to upset many early-morning stomachs.
- Prepare it ahead of time if you tend to lack time in the mornings (think overnight oats, homemade muesli, or egg frittatas). This will prevent you from skipping breakfast or eating processed snacks instead.
One example of a healthy breakfast is muesli mixed with yogurt. Muesli is similar to granola and made of rolled oats, chopped nuts, and sometimes dried fruit. Remember, you are literally breaking the fast from hours throughout the night without eating! A healthy breakfast should replenish, refresh you, and get you ready for your day.
Breakfast Recipes with Nuts
Whether you’re prepping ahead of time, on the go, or have time for a leisurely morning, there’s a breakfast recipe with nuts for you and your family. Find a way to incorporate nuts into your sweet or savory breakfast with these basic breakfast recipes.
Quick and Simple
- Yogurt with chopped nuts and fruit is a solid grain-free alternative to the common yogurt parfait-style breakfast. Swap out the fruit for what’s in season, like berries during the summer or apples with cinnamon throughout the fall. Try different Greek-style yogurts, whole milk yogurts, or dairy free yogurts until you find your favorite.
- Toast with nut butter and sliced banana is just about as quick as it gets! Peanut butter is a traditional choice. But if you want to spread your wings, Superior Nut Company offers several varieties of nut butter, such as Cashew Butter, Hazelnut Butter, and Macadamia Butter.
Take Time to Cook With Nuts
- Oatmeal can be mixed up quickly using a microwave. However, taking time to cook oatmeal on the stove allows the opportunity to sir in add-ins like nuts and dried fruit while the oats cook. It's an easily customizable, filling, and healthy everyday breakfast.
- Omelettes with nuts are a unique way to enjoy two proteins. We recommend this recipe for Georgian Omelettes by CD Kitchen. Toast the walnuts in a pan before adding in whisked eggs and spices. It’s easy to do and adds a complex flavor and crunch to your savory breakfast.
- Baked goods like banana nut muffins or even Almond Flour Pancakes are always a hit. Try baking your favorite breakfast treat with chopped nuts like walnuts or pecans for a crunchy and filling treat.
Shop For Breakfast Ahead of Time
Here at Superior Nut Company, we like to get creative with all the different ways to enjoy nuts. They’re perfect for breakfast, snacking, or at any other time of the day for a healthy and quick bite. We offer several varieties of whatever nut you prefer in a selection of sizes (plus other breakfast staples like seeds and dried fruit). You’ll never run out of your favorite food!